Lead Game Designer
- Partner with the Game Director and team leadership to define the creative vision and direction for our project.
- Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project.
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team.
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts.
- Mentoring other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms
- 4+ years professional game design experience
- Demonstrable experience leading a design team in creating highly accessible experiences with deep, engaging core mechanics (worked on at least one game as a lead designer)
- Shipped PC/console games;
- Experience designing content and systems for RTS or MOBA games;
- Excellent understanding of level design fundamentals including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc.;
- Understanding programming/scripting in game design and experience with game editors and game design tools;
- Good knowledge of English language, both written and verbal;
Will be a plus:
- Shipped indie projects, gamejam experience;
- Modding experience.
- Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on story, art, and content development
- Excellent sense for game design and creating outstanding user experiences
- Leadership ability, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated. Comfortable working without direct supervision
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
- Must be able to accept critique of your work and have the ability to embrace change
- Remarkable ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change
We offer you:
- An exciting chance to work in booming industry on interesting and challenging projects.
- A modern office with friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
- Great opportunity for self-improvement and professional growth.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- 18 business days (or 24 calendar days) of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave.
- English language lessons.
- Company doctor.